East Hill Writers: Poetry Workshop with Chivas Sandage
This 6-week poetry workshop offers supportive and insightful feedback, inspiring discussions, and creative explorations within community.
- remarkable poems by contemporary writers from around the world
- your questions about poetry, your work, and the practice of writing
- multiple perspectives on what’s strong and what can be stronger in your poems
- accessible and intriguing writing prompts
- craft issues including “the poem as score”
- creative strategies for cultivating, revising and editing poems
- traditional and alternative publishing options
- the art and pleasure of reading your work for others
Facilitator: Chivas Sandage, author of Hidden Drive (Antrim House, 2012), holds an MFA in Writing from Vermont College of Fine Arts and a BA from Bennington College. ForeWord Reviews has just selected Hidden Drive as a finalist for its Book of the Year Awards. Her poems have appeared in numerous journals and the anthologies Paradise Found (Levellers Press, forthcoming in ’13), Morning Song: Poems for New Parents (St. Martin’s Press, ’11), and Manthology: Poems on the Male Experience (Univ. of Iowa Press, ‘06).
When: Six Sundays, 7-9 pm: June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 & July 7
Where: East Hill Writers in Canton, Connecticut (go to http://easthillwriters.com for details)
Method of payment: Check to East Hill Writers @PO Box 1008, 59 East Hill Rd., Canton, CT 06019, or PayPal.
These multi-genre women’s workshops support you exactly where you are in your writing process. Whether you write spontaneously, regularly and/or just when we meet, Write Like a River workshops offer:
- intriguing prompts
- time to write
- supportive, immediate feedback
- discussion of craft
- balanced, inspiring manuscript critiques
- community with other women writers
In Northampton, MA: Our 4-year-old group meets Tuesdays 1-4 pm at the Writers in Progress studio, a literary arts center located in the Arts & Industry Building on 221 Pine Street in Florence, MA.
In Collinsville, CT: Our new, thriving group meets Thursdays noon-3 pm. Workshops take place a short walk from LaSalle’s Market. Hear the river as you write!
There are 1-2 openings in the Northampton workshop
The Collinsville group is full
If you are interested in visiting, substituting, or joining one of these workshops, please contact me directly. The substitute list also acts as a waiting list for those who are interested in joining once a spot opens up.
Read ”Testimonials” for participants’ comments about Write Like a River workshops.
Read “Spill Theory” to jumpstart your writing!
For more information contact email@example.com.